Monday, March 9, 2009

Pre-Gaming: Star Wars - The Old Republic


Bioware.

If you know games, you know the name. They make some of the best role playing games (rpgs) ever. Mass Effect. Jade Empire. The Baldur’s Gate series. And, perhaps my favorite: Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic.

SW: KOTOR was released between episodes 2 and 3 in the theaters, and it did something that, at that point, I was convinced could not be done. It told an excellent, engaging and well written story in the Star Wars universe. With the tepid taste of those horrid prequels refusing to dissipate from my palate, this game surprised me incredibly by making me remember why I had liked Star Wars in the first place. The game remains one of the best I’ve ever played.

Well, Bioware is at it again. Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively multiplayer online rpg (or, mmorpg). This means it will be a bigger, better and an ever changing experience – and, it will be a lot more social, being able to potentially play with thousands of other people.

But what’s the background on the story, you ask? Well, why don’t you check out the new web comic that just launched and find out?

+ Star Wars: The Old Republic First Details [IGN]

- Goodchild

Digg It!
Buzz Up!
Add to Stumble
Add to Delicious
Reddit
Twit This
Add to Facebook
Google Bookmarks
Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: