Friday, March 13, 2009

Alexander McQueen for Target = Giant Sucking Sound

I think the world of Alexander McQueen, and hope that one day I will be able to afford one of his beautiful suits. Wait, scratch that. Reverse it. I USED to think the world of Alexander McQueen... until I went to Target last week.

For those of you who don't know who Alexander McQueen is, he has been called everything from the English John Paul Gaultier to a Picasso in Cloth. His looks are edgy and tempered with a dark emotion, yet still very sexy and feminine. He also has a line of men's suits with impeccable and progressive tailoring.

Having said that, one can see how I and the rest of the general public was very excited when we found out that he was designing an exclusive and limited line for Target. I buy a lot of clothes from Target, I'm not ashamed to admit it. (It honestly doesn't matter where one buys their clothes, it matters how well the clothes are made and your attitude when you wear them.)

My monthly pilgrimage to Target in the Bronx last week was utterly depressing. I raced to the section with the McQ line like a kid at Christmas, and when I got there I thought I was lost. I felt like I had suddenly walked into Hot Topic/Gadzooks. McQueen's line was cheaply made, over priced, and actually quite unattractive (ok, I'm being nice- it was really trashy and fugly). I understand rocker chic, in fact I totally dig it. But all I could hear was a giant sucking sound as I pulled out each piece of clothing to make sure that I wasn't missing something.



Don't waist your time or your money on the McQ line at Target. Save it and wait until Project Runway winner Christian Siriano's new shoe line arrives at Payless this fall.

- Kristin Ezell aka The Clothes Coach

Digg It!
Buzz Up!
Add to Stumble
Add to Delicious
Reddit
Twit This
Add to Facebook
Google Bookmarks
Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: