Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Artist Feature: Brian Despain

The Exchange by Brian Despain © 2007

I am really happy that this blog is making me look around for amazing artists because I come across talent like Brian Despain. Despain's work although different seem like they all come from the same fantasy world he created where robots and various creatures interact peacefully. Using his skill in oil paint, Despain brings to life a scene we may all have imagined as a kid. The first time I saw his art I made an instant connection with it somehow and it even gave me a sense of nostalgia.

Rise of the Red Star by Brian Despain © 2005

What I love about Despain's work is that it tells a story. The painting gives us his vision, but from there the viewer naturally is able to open up their own imagination and envision a tale of adventure. You can really tell that he enjoys what he does, and at the end of the day that's what art is all about.

+ Brian Despain [Official Website]
+ Interview: Brian Despain [Arrested Motion]

- Sonic

Digg It!
Buzz Up!
Add to Stumble
Add to Delicious
Reddit
Twit This
Add to Facebook
Google Bookmarks
Sphere: Related Content

1 comments:

Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

This is awesome!! definitely check out the gallery on the website as well.

-- Adam Wise