Monday, February 9, 2009

Stop-Motion Gem: Coraline 3D


When I saw the trailer for Coraline I was instantly sold. Just say creepy stop-motion fantasy and I'll pretty much be there every time. I had the chance to catch Coraline this weekend and I have to say I was blown away. Ok, it wasn't the best story and parts of it got a little slow but the visuals and the artistry behind the film was incredible. All I can say is that we've come a long way since Gumby. The entire film is in stop-motion, and everything you see in the film was hand made. Henry Selick (Nightmare Before Christmas, James and the Giant Peach) directed this film and did a great job as he usually does, but kudos to the creative and talented artists who literally brought this thing to life.


Coraline is also the first stop-motion feature shot in stereoscopic 3D. This means you have to watch it with those 3D glasses. I wasn't sure what I thought about all this 3D hype, but it was really amazing. I wish I was tripping my face off watching this, but anyway, this is definitely a movie you need to catch in the theaters.

- Sonic

Digg It!
Buzz Up!
Add to Stumble
Add to Delicious
Reddit
Twit This
Add to Facebook
Google Bookmarks
Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: