Monday, February 9, 2009

Artist Feature: The Submarines

photo by William Lewis on Flickr

My discovery of The Submarines was completely by chance. They're songs are super catchy and are also well written. When I heard their music for the first time I didn't know anything about them, but as I was doing some research for this post I learned that this duo was all over the place! They had a bunch of their songs on a load of TV shows and commercials.... let's do the list; Nip Tuck, Grey's Anatomy, Weeds, Gossip Girl, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist and of course the iPhone 3G commercial. How did I not hear them till now? Oh yeah, I don't watch TV.

So the band is husband and wife John Dragonetti and Blake Hazard, who is the grand-daughter of American writer F. Scott Fitzgerald. Their story goes something like... the couple that wrote songs together kind of didn't stay together but that made them write even better songs together.... so they got back together? Is their story and sound too sweet or is it a formula for great pop music? You decide.

+ Catch The Submarines live!
02.10.09 - MERCURY LOUNGE: New York, NY
02.11.09 - THE BELL HOUSE: Brooklyn, NY

[official website]
[myspace]

- Sonic

Digg It!
Buzz Up!
Add to Stumble
Add to Delicious
Reddit
Twit This
Add to Facebook
Google Bookmarks
Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: