Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Restaurant Feature: Blue Ribbon Brasserie, Brooklyn

photo by Dennis Mueller on Flickr

It's rare, but it happens; a perfect dining experience. I honestly can't think of a single bad thing to say about the Blue Ribbon Brasserie in Brooklyn. I enjoy going to those pricey, "nice" restaurants for a good meal once in a while but most of the time I don't feel like dressing up just to have dinner. Although Blue Ribbon is one of those nice restaurants, it has a very casual vibe about it. I was wearing a zip-up hoodie, jeans and sneakers but didn't feel a bit under dressed or uncomfortable. Even some of the staff had jeans on.

So the food... expensive? Yes, but when you measure the portions and quality against the price it's reasonable. The oysters and clams I had from the raw bar was really fresh, and my lobster entree was amazing. The best thing about Blue Ribbon aside from the awesome food is their service. As the side plate was getting full of lobster shells they would replace it with a new plate without us asking. The waiters were very knowledgeable and on point. You can't really ask for much more. I'll be heading back there again soon, definitely my new favorite restaurant.

+ Blue Ribbon is located at 280 5th Avenue between 1st St. and Garfield Place in the Park Slope neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY.

[official website]
Blue Ribbon Brasserie [Yelp Reviews]

- Sonic



Digg It!
Buzz Up!
Add to Stumble
Add to Delicious
Reddit
Twit This
Add to Facebook
Google Bookmarks
Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: