Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Reflect and Review: Monsters vs Aliens

(Spoiler Alert)

I figured if I was going to see movie, I might as well see it at the theaters in 3D. I was skeptical at first with all this 3D hype but the technology has really come along, and it really adds another dimension to the movie going experience. So anyway, Monsters vs Aliens boasted a talent voice cast which include Hugh Laurie, Reese Witherspoon, Seth Rogen and Stephen Colbert to name a few. With a cast like that I was expecting it to be super funny, but I was slightly disappointed. Some parts made me laugh but for the most part it was a miscue.

The story is very basic and predictable: Girl mutates and becomes 50 ft. tall, befriends funny monsters, government sends them to fight an alien invasion. The only beef I have with the story is that they weren't really fighting aliens. They fight one alien, his robot and a bunch of his clones. I can live with the mediocre story line, but damn it, you have Seth Rogen and Stephen Colbert, at least make me LOL!

+ Another DreamWorks Blunder [First Showing]

- Sonic

Digg It!
Buzz Up!
Add to Stumble
Add to Delicious
Reddit
Twit This
Add to Facebook
Google Bookmarks
Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: