Monday, April 13, 2009

The Spot: New York Adorned

The Tattoo Artists at New York Adorned photo by Worship Worthy

Tattoos are much more commonplace nowadays, but this also means an abundance of bad, sometimes really bad ink jobs. Especially in NYC where there are tattoo shops everywhere, how do you pick out your spot? My answer is easy, just go to New York Adorned. This shop features some of the best tattoo artists in the world and don't just take my word for it, the press and anyone who is involved in tattoo culture will tell you that you can't go wrong at NY Adorned. I get all my work done here.

Aside from the obvious artistic talent that all of the artists at NY Adorned have, their workmanship is incredible. That means every spot will be colored in evenly, the shading is perfect and the lines are straight and fluid.

What I also love about this shop is that they charge you hourly whether it's just black or color. They're not going to come up with some bullshit price they pulled out of their ass, you pay as long as it takes and they're very good at estimating. It isn't cheap, but I'd much rather have something permanent on my body that is quality.

Don't think you're just going to waltz in this place and leave with new ink either, these artists are booked weeks or often months in advance even for a simple consultation. Even if you have the greatest idea, if they believe it will not look good they won't do it. You won't leave the shop with a tattoo that they're not happy with, and that to me is a great peace of mind.

They also sell really cool handmade one of a kind jewelry in the shop, so if you want to pick up some stuff no one else will have definitely stop in.

+ NYAdorned.com
+ New York Adorned is located on 2nd Avenue between 2nd and 3rd Street in NYC.
+ New Brooklyn Location! Brooklyn Adorned: 376 Bedford Avenue in Williamsburg Brooklyn.

- Sonic

Digg It!
Buzz Up!
Add to Stumble
Add to Delicious
Reddit
Twit This
Add to Facebook
Google Bookmarks
Sphere: Related Content

1 comments:

Alima Bell August 18, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

I was looking for a place to get my second tattoo done and I found New York through city search and I was incredibly pleased with my experience. The staff was very nice and I'm definitely coming back to damion to get my next tattoos done. thanks for the wonderful entry.